|The History of Our Cemetery...
The Pleasant Green Cemetery was established in 1883 by the residents of the small farming community then known as Pleasant Green, Utah. In subsequent years this community changed its name to Magna, Utah, but the cemetery retained its original name.
For the first 100 years of its history, the cemetery was owned and maintained by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. With the Pleasant Green First Ward having prime responsibility. The Bishop of that ward was responsible for fulfilling duties and calling a Sexton / caretaker.
In 1980 a group of concerned citizens created a non-profit which they named The Pleasant Green Cemetery Preservation And Development Association. Under the direction of the LDS Church, this group was charged with restoring the cemetery, and helping the Church care for it. In 1983 the Church decided to divest itself of the the cemetery property all together. At this time, the cemetery was deeded to The Pleasant Green Cemetery Preservation And Development Association. All legal rights to the cemetery grounds, and activities therein being then bestowed to the non-profit.
Per the wishes of the LDS Church and under their close guidance, Articles of Incorporation were drawn up and adopted that strictly protect the cemetery from any outside influences.
A copy of the cemetery bylaws are available here